Friday, January 7, 2011

Holiday March completed

"Holiday March" is finally completed and consists of three figures marching with their musical instruments. The leader is a 7" Elf followed by a 6" Pumpkin Head and a 5" Snowman. They are all sculpted out of Creative paper clay, an air dry clay. Using a technique taught by Jean Bernard, I covered them with kleenex that had been colored with acrylic paint and sealed them with 3 coats of matte varnish. They march on a base that has been covered with antique sheet music and crackled for that warm patina. All figures can be removed for shipping. This is a OOAK piece never to be created again.  This bunch  left me and moved to their new home.

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie,
    This is a wonderful piece!I love the movement and what a great theme :)
    The tissue effect is really interesting and I love how it looks on the piece.
    Magical & whimsical, I LOVE IT!

    ~Daine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's me again..
    I went and found my glasses, all the better to see with..lol then I took a fun trip to your Etsy to view the Holiday March, once again. The detail is just incredible..and I love their shoes, with the tiny little gems..
    Just had to come back and mention it :)
    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Diane, you always say such nice things about other people's work...and thank you for stopping by...I really apprecaite you.

    ReplyDelete